Toon Talk - Printable Version
+- Let's Be Friends Again! Forums (http://letsbefriendsagain.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Let's Be Friends Again! (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Toon Talk (/showthread.php?tid=41)
RE: Toon Talk - ryan - 08-21-2011 12:36 PM
what gets me is that my wife LOVES Ren & Stimpy and cant stand Adventure Time ... for me AT is this generations R&S in a lot (see "shit ton") of respects.
i will be buying the shit out of the toys
also, lately been watching a lot of Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers and Ducktales, and god-damn does that disney tv animation really hold up! i remember trying to watch old TMNT and my eyes bled
RE: Toon Talk - BIGREDROBOT - 08-21-2011 12:49 PM
Kids these days have so much better cartoons than people my age ever did. Have you tried watching old He-Man cartoons? Or the original Thundercats cartoon? Ugh. #oldmanrant
RE: Toon Talk - thechrishaley - 08-21-2011 02:12 PM
That's the teaser image for season 2 (it's being called Invasion, not season 2 though for some reason), so at least we know we'll be getting that.
And there are still 17 unaired season 1 episodes yet to be shown.
Speaking of Young Justice and Thundercats as we have been in this forum I'd like to elaborate on something that I got mad about on Twitter last week.
- Debuts on Cartoon Network in November of 2010.
- Between then and now (Aug. 20, 2011) a total of 9 episodes have been shown.
- Its first 1 disc, 4 episode, no special features DVD is released at the end of July 2011.
- The show's toy line (which consists of four, limited articulation, one accessory, 4" figures (retailing for $9.99) and two, well articulated, multi-accessory 6" figures ($19.99-24.99)) starts showing up in stores August 2011, nine months after the show's debut.
- Debuts on Cartoon Network July 29, 2011.
- Between then and now (Aug. 20, 2011) a total of 5 episodes have been shown.
- Its first 2 disc, 8 episode plus special features DVD collection will be released on October 25, 2011.
- The show's toy line (which consists of seven, well articulated, multi-accessory, 4" figures ($7.99), five, well articulated, multi-accessory 6" figures ($12.99), two well articulated, multi-accessory 8" collector's figures ($16.99), four vehicles ($14.99-19.99), one large playset, and kid sized "roleplay/character-play" toys of the both Lion-O's Claw shield ($9.99) and a deluxe, electronic (lights & sounds) Sword of Omens ($19.99)) starts showing up in stores August 2011, less than a month after the show's debut.
Ladies and gentlemen...
RE: Toon Talk - thechrishaley - 08-21-2011 03:44 PM
Related, here are some things I bought today!
Got the B:TB&TB (S1.2) & the Top Cat collection for only $9.99 each at Best Buy.
This picture's also going in the toy/action figure thread.
RE: Toon Talk - BIGREDROBOT - 08-21-2011 03:45 PM
There's something weird going on at WB with Young Justice.
RE: Toon Talk - Thomas Is Awesome - 08-21-2011 11:47 PM
(08-21-2011 02:12 PM)thechrishaley Wrote:
You are killing me softly with your song, friend. I will cry like a little girl with a skinned knee if they don't ever release a large scale Superboy in that line.
RE: Toon Talk - Frankenstein's Monster - 08-22-2011 12:38 AM
The Brave and The Bold is, in my opinion, better than BTAS.
Quote:"Batman's rich history allows him to be interpreted in a multitude of ways. To be sure, this is a lighter incarnation, but it's certainly no less valid and true to the character's roots than the tortured avenger crying out for mommy and daddy."Bat-Mite, "Bat-Mite Presents: Batman's Strangest Cases!" featuring Scooby-Doo
Otherwise: Adventure Time. I live in India where only imported DVDs (no Netflix here) serve as a form of getting these series.
RE: Toon Talk - Edmunt - 08-22-2011 12:45 AM
I need to find the article but they actually did announce their plans for it. The whole Invasion thing is supposed to lead up to a new block of DC shows. Green Lantern being the one confirmed. I'll search the internet for it now.
RE: Toon Talk - GL 2814.4 - 08-22-2011 06:35 AM
EMH is a terrible, terrible show. And I can't stop watching it. This is not a thing that is good, guys. I hate you.
I have a question about the Gamma World episodes, though: why are Etrigan and Sinestro green and fighting the Avengers?
RE: Toon Talk - Name - 08-22-2011 06:55 AM
Dude, that's Abomination and the Leader.
Also, you are so wrong about EMH.