01-27-2012, 10:30 AM
I was building the suspense, man!
25 Dino Facts
1. Some scientists believe that new types of plant life may have poisoned the dinos and caused extinction.
2. Time and erosion have erased more than 99% of all dino footprints
3. Like birds, some dinos may have sat on their eggs in a nest, waiting for them to hatch.
4. Some dinos never stopped growing throughout their lifeimte.
5. Cavities? Not! When T. rex lost a tooth, it grew a replacement.
6. T. rex's teeth were up to 7 inches long.
7. Larger dinos had a greater chance of becoming extinct than smaller ones because smaller dinos adapted to changes more readily.
8. Dinosaurs burped and farted.
9. Carnivores coughed up the bones of their food.
10. On average, dinosaurs lived between 75-300 years
11. No single species of dinosaur lived on more than one continent at the same time.
12. Oops! The first time paleontologists put together a meat-eating dino skeleton, they mistakenly put the hip bones where the shoulders should have been.
13. Brontosaurus had five fingers, but only one, the thumb, had a claw - which was held up while walking.
14. Spinosaurus had a huge sail on its back that helped it keep warm and cool off.
15. Stegosaurus' brain was no bigger than a walnut.
16. The biggest plate on a Stegosaurus' back was nearly 3 feet long.
17. Ultrasaurus may be the heaviest animal ever, weighing 130 tons (That's equal to the weight of 26 elephants!)
18. Breviparopus probably had the longest backbone of any dino, measuring an estimated 157 feet, or about half the length of a football field.
19. Many dinosaurs kept stones in their stomachs to help grind their food.
20. Velociraptor means swift robber.
21. About 300 dinosaur species have been found. Bt 99% of all dinos have yet to be discovered!
22. The tail club of Anklyosaurus was 16 inches wide.
23. Deinocheirus had arms that were 8 1/2 feet long and claws that were 12 inches long.
24. The duckbilled Anatosaurus had about 2,000 teeth.
25. Apatosaurus' tail was 44 feet long and had 82 bones in it (And adult human skeleton has 206 bones)
“The loudest dinosaur in the movie is T. rex, and that’s wrong. The loudest dinosaur would be the Brachiosaurus, because he has the biggest lungs, and his echo chambers are huge – about the size of basketballs” – Robert Bakker
“All the dinosaurs would never try to tear down buildings and tear apart cars to get little morsels of people when they could’ve eaten a perfectly good, sick Triceratops in the field” – Jack Horner
“I think there’s lots and lots of evidence to prove that T. rex was a scavenger, not a predator. T. rex couldn’t run fast or catch anything in its hands” – Jack Horner
“T. rex had her nose up against Sam Neill and the kids, and Sam Neill says ‘Don’t move. It can’t see you if you don’t move.’ That’s misleading. You’d never escape by standing still. T. rex’s sense of smell was awesome – as acute as a pack of bloodhounds. It could detect everything within a mile” – Robert Bakker
“The hatching Velociraptor came out kind of bloody, and we know that no dinosaur hatches out bloody” – Jack Horner
“No dinosaur ever spit big globs of black goop. The name Dilophosaurus is real, but the animal they made is fiction. And it didn’t have that frill around its neck” – Jack Horner
“The dinosaurs in the movie are realistic – and life-size. Since the story is fiction, almost nothing in the movie is real other than the dinosaurs” – Jack Horner
“I think the movement of the dinosaurs worked, especially the scene where the Gallimimus herd is running” – Karen Chin
I can't help it if I've got a heavy flow and a wide set vagina!
I'm now on the Tweety!
I'm also tumbling!
|Messages In This Thread|
RE: Dinosaurs - Agent Orange - 01-27-2012 10:30 AM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)