Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Smarks Only (Wrestling Thread)
08-31-2011, 06:47 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2011 07:18 AM by thechrishaley.)
RE: Smarks Only (Wrestling Thread)
My favorite thing about Tuesdays: Brandon's Best and Worst of RAW (8/29 Edition): http://bit.ly/naqo2b

Also, and it's shocking to say this, but that Randy Orton/Dolph Ziggler match last night was incredible.

This is only the last 4 minutes, but they really gave them a lot of time to make an interesting match and it paid off in spades.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-2011, 01:34 PM
They were on fire, and the Wichita Dome was E-LECTRIC tonight! MOAR wrasslin!

SPACE SHARK by Chris Graves
09-02-2011, 06:54 AM
Brandon Stroud's Best & Worst of SuperSmackdown Live (8/30) wherein John Cena is compared to KID MIRACLEMAN!

Read it!
09-24-2011, 01:21 AM
So, apparently the latest storyline is that Hugh Jackman broke Dolph Ziggler's jaw on RAW. ..I don't know if that's just stupid or the best storyline ever.
09-24-2011, 04:29 AM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2011 04:36 AM by thechrishaley.)
(09-24-2011 01:21 AM)Flash Fact Wrote:  So, apparently the latest storyline is that Hugh Jackman broke Dolph Ziggler's jaw on RAW. ..I don't know if that's just stupid or the best storyline ever.

I don't think it's an angle, because it sure as fuck looked like he really stiff-armed him with that shot on Raw. We rewound it a few times it looked so stiff. Dolph said it's a hairline fracture and he's not going to miss any time, so I don't really know where it could go as a "story", but what do I know?

Aaaaaanyway, I'm psyched for Raw Monday.

Edit: And, of course, as soon as I finish typing this I read that it is all a work. I'm such a mark. I always want to give them the benefit of the doubt.
09-25-2011, 01:27 AM
(09-24-2011 04:29 AM)thechrishaley Wrote:  Aaaaaanyway, I'm psyched for Raw Monday.

Edit: And, of course, as soon as I finish typing this I read that it is all a work. I'm such a mark. I always want to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Don't we all want to give them the benefit of the doubt?

I was amazed at Ryder's pop on RAW. It was louder than Cena or Punk. (But Punk's was louder than Cena's.)
09-25-2011, 02:15 AM
So I was absolutely a straight fanboy for the wwe from the golden age with Hogan all the way through the attitude era and a few years into the HHH runs every goddamned thing era. I lost touch right around the time of the benoit ugliness and TNA's real ascent.

BUT.

All this CM Punk hype on the intrawebs has got me curious. If a lapsed fan of four or five years tuned in, what do you think his reaction is going to be?
09-25-2011, 05:25 AM
(09-25-2011 02:15 AM)Thomas Is Awesome Wrote:  So I was absolutely a straight fanboy for the wwe from the golden age with Hogan all the way through the attitude era and a few years into the HHH runs every goddamned thing era. I lost touch right around the time of the benoit ugliness and TNA's real ascent.

BUT.

All this CM Punk hype on the intrawebs has got me curious. If a lapsed fan of four or five years tuned in, what do you think his reaction is going to be?

That CM Punk deserves the hype.

That Cena is still burying everyone.

That Sin Cara, Air Boom, John Morrison and others are spectacular and are brining back the art-of high-flying, and that many of the guys have improved.

Seamus, Orton, and Del Rio are all way better than they were before.
Triple H has never delivered better promos, and he barely wrestes anymore.

Also, Zack Ryder may be the most entertaining man in WWE save Punk.
09-25-2011, 11:28 AM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2011 11:30 AM by thechrishaley.)
(09-25-2011 01:27 AM)Flash Fact Wrote:  I was amazed at Ryder's pop on RAW. It was louder than Cena or Punk. (But Punk's was louder than Cena's.)

I couldn't believe that the crowd immediately broke into that "WE WANT RYDER" chant as soon as Wolverine said he was going to go find someone in the locker room. I was genuinely shocked by that. But pleasantly shocked. And, man, good on Jackman for not only spotting that sign, but jumping out and grabbing it.

Smackdown usually doesn't get much chatter in here, but almost every week Heath Slater goes out there and makes somebody look like a million bucks. His match with Sheamus this week was an objectively high-quality match that still made Sheamus look strong without being a typical squash. Slater got beat definitively, but he got to throw in some interesting offense and sell all of Sheamus's big moves beautifully. I wish creative would allow those kind of matches more often.
09-26-2011, 01:14 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2011 01:14 AM by Flash Fact.)
(09-25-2011 11:28 AM)thechrishaley Wrote:  

Smackdown usually doesn't get much chatter in here, but almost every week Heath Slater goes out there and makes somebody look like a million bucks. His match with Sheamus this week was an objectively high-quality match that still made Sheamus look strong without being a typical squash. Slater got beat definitively, but he got to throw in some interesting offense and sell all of Sheamus's big moves beautifully. I wish creative would allow those kind of matches more often.

Apparently his time with Christian as a "mentor" on NXT was not wasted.