Thread Rating:
  • 14 Votes - 4.43 Average
The Next Event Comic
08-19-2011, 06:07 AM
The Next Event Comic
I am pretty excited for Eternity Squared. From the summary I am guessing Kronolorn is coming back with an army of dead heroes or future ones so it could be good but what do you think about it? Any of the 20 mini-series or one shots looking good?

Personally I want to read the Atlas Beetle mini series coming up because he is a pretty underused character and Damian Jackson is a solid enough writer but then again he's getting the art done by Fernando Avogadro and Avogadro is a bit flat with his expressions and the characters can feel stiff.
Still, Donald Kubrick covers are pretty boss and it looks like Baron Submarine will be in it so that means tiny Nazis (and then there will probably be future and past Nazis as well).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2011, 06:39 AM
RE: The Next Event Comic
I'm pretty sure it's a bad thing that I can't tell if you're talking about a real comic or not.
08-19-2011, 06:39 AM
Dude, Atlas Beetle hasn't been any good since Marshall Claw got killed off. But I guess Kronolorn isn't a bad villain as long as he's in the 1985 costume.

Once I wrote a comic. http://hv.yourfriendmax.com/
08-19-2011, 06:48 AM
As long as we get a Commandant Breakdance mini out of it (hopefully written by Wilfred Wheaton, whose run in the 90's was fan-friggin-tastic and criminally underappreciated, if you ask me. I mean, is it oo much to ask for them to collect The Great Fajita Saga? Even in one of those black & white Excellento collections, I'd be fine with that.), I'll be happy.

Dylan Todd /// Design Portfolio /// Tumblr / Twitter
08-19-2011, 06:52 AM
If they collect TGFS does that mean we'll get Tostada Storm'99 too? The writing by Matthew Flarmison is terrible but Bengal Christ's pencils are tight as shit. Also, is it too much to ask for a Kid Centipede one-shot?

Jason Urbanciz : Twitter : Tumblr : Flickr : Blogspot
08-19-2011, 06:53 AM
(08-19-2011 06:52 AM)Jason1749 Wrote:  If they collect TGFS does that mean we'll get Tostada Storm'99 too? The writing by Matthew Flarmison is terrible but Bengal Christ's pencils are tight as shit. Also, is it too much to ask for a Kid Centipede one-shot?

Kid Centipede is just a cheap knock-off of Herbie Lovegood's Adolescent Caterpillar and you know it.

08-19-2011, 06:57 AM
(08-19-2011 06:53 AM)bigredrobot Wrote:  
(08-19-2011 06:52 AM)Jason1749 Wrote:  If they collect TGFS does that mean we'll get Tostada Storm'99 too? The writing by Matthew Flarmison is terrible but Bengal Christ's pencils are tight as shit. Also, is it too much to ask for a Kid Centipede one-shot?

Kid Centipede is just a cheap knock-off of Herbie Lovegood's Adolescent Caterpillar and you know it.

Listen man I know it, but what are we going to do after Lovegood locked Adolescent Caterpillar and Pupa Boy up in that cocoon and committed suicide? At least Startime Comics had the stones to keep going.

Jason Urbanciz : Twitter : Tumblr : Flickr : Blogspot
08-19-2011, 06:59 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2011 07:11 AM by BIGREDROBOT.)
(08-19-2011 06:57 AM)Jason1749 Wrote:  
(08-19-2011 06:53 AM)bigredrobot Wrote:  

Listen man I know it, but what are we going to do after Lovegood locked Adolescent Caterpillar and Pupa Boy up in that cocoon and committed suicide? At least Startime Comics had the stones to keep going.

Point conceded. You with this round, Mr. 1749.

Any word on a Planet Force 15 book? I'd love to see the "classic" Brewsterz/McNuggin lineup of Captain Cap'n, Lady Bits, Killbore Gout, Naughty Nick, Gloria N. Excelsis, The Nantucketeer, Deer-Man (Richard Humphries, of course, not that faker Nathaniel Winterbottom), Burning Appendage, Retro-Jethro, Maxine Millionzzz the Rapping Falcon-Woman, Steelfeel, The Avenging Zap, Kid Methuselah, Mattress Man, and of course, McScruggs the Crime Mutt.

And of course, they'll fight the Legion of Bedwetters led by the classic Baron Barone and Mistress Mustache. That's a given.

If they don't make this very specific miniseries based on a comic I loved as a child, I will vociferously demand a boycott but secretly buy whatever's placed in front of me.

08-19-2011, 07:23 AM
(08-19-2011 06:59 AM)bigredrobot Wrote:  Any word on a Planet Force 15 book? I'd love to see the "classic" Brewsterz/McNuggin lineup of Captain Cap'n, Lady Bits, Killbore Gout, Naughty Nick, Gloria N. Excelsis, The Nantucketeer, Deer-Man (Richard Humphries, of course, not that faker Nathaniel Winterbottom), Burning Appendage, Retro-Jethro, Maxine Millionzzz the Rapping Falcon-Woman, Steelfeel, The Avenging Zap, Kid Methuselah, Mattress Man, and of course, McScruggs the Crime Mutt.

And of course, they'll fight the Legion of Bedwetters led by the classic Baron Barone and Mistress Mustache. That's a given.

If they don't make this very specific miniseries based on a comic I loved as a child, I will vociferously demand a boycott but secretly buy whatever's placed in front of me.

I hear that after that horrible Max Esteen run on PF 15 they were going to hold off on the series though Steelfeel is supposed to be joining Optimum Glory Gang.

Did you hear, they just announced Prudence Godstone was going to be getting a new run on Lords of Rock Keep?
08-19-2011, 07:27 AM
A Lords of Rock Keep ongoing is great news, especially since Godstone killed it on that Dares-Devils King of the Cherokee run he did with Mikael Barishnostock in the 80's, but I'd rather we got an ongoing Boner Maloney series (or at least a mini!) before rebooting the Lords of Rock Keep for what, the 57th time? C'mon, son.