Thread Rating:
  • 14 Votes - 4.43 Average
The Next Event Comic
08-19-2011, 10:45 AM
RE: The Next Event Comic
(08-19-2011 10:40 AM)Koltreg Wrote:  I preferred Winky's art on Guerilla Gorilla. Nothing like flying exploding apes on every page.

Yeah, that Infant Intifada issue was insane! Baby simians blowing up constantly and that pop-up center spread that actually squirted blood on you fucking rocked.

Jason Urbanciz : Twitter : Tumblr : Flickr : Blogspot
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2011, 10:49 AM
(08-19-2011 10:42 AM)bigredrobot Wrote:  
(08-19-2011 10:37 AM)Jason1749 Wrote:  Yeah, in the ColorWheel Corps Annual, SS faced down his mirror universe arch-enemy Sgt. Speculum. Unfortunately, he was returned to our universe without his memories, lately Red Temptress is using him as her poolboy.

Also, I hear Fart Face buys it in MBB's Dark Prolapse mini-series.

Oh good, I'll definitely be picking up DP, then, but, well, I mean, I was going to anyway because Garfield Davis is drawing it and I've loved everything he's done since Future Truckers. That was the series that made me a comics fan.

Oh please, Garfield Davis is a hack. Future Truckers is just a knock off of the Smokey and the Cyborg strip that Kurtis Gummer used to draw in the early 70s. Plus, there's no way a trucker could eat that much space moussaka, even if it was on Snake Oil Sunday.
Find all posts by this user
08-19-2011, 10:51 AM
(08-19-2011 10:45 AM)Wolter Wrote:  Whatever happened to nice low-key comics like Skye Silverchair and Her Magic Plane? Just good old fashioned dinosaur-and-flying-pirate fighting from a young David Mamet.

Yeah, I've wanted to see a relaunch of that, but ever since Mamet's failed movie starring Danny Devito as Skye Silverchair, he's been loathe to let anyone touch it.

Jason Urbanciz : Twitter : Tumblr : Flickr : Blogspot
08-19-2011, 10:52 AM
Did you guys hear about this whole upcoming Atlas Beetle story by Robert Custondot where he's bringing back the classic Atlas Beetle and pulling a Rustock Ventom on the guy and Stag Beetle is taking over?
08-19-2011, 10:52 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2011 10:53 AM by BIGREDROBOT.)
(08-19-2011 10:45 AM)Wolter Wrote:  Whatever happened to nice low-key comics like Skye Silverchair and Her Magic Plane? Just good old fashioned dinosaur-and-flying-pirate fighting from a young David Mamet.

If you liked Skye Silverchair and Her Magic Plane, you should really check out Flint McStone and His Daring Zeppelin Adventures At the Walmart of Pain. Hans Rickshaw writing. Camaro Hotjeans drawing. Zeppelins. Flamethrowers. Reptoids. Conspiracies that go all the way to the top! Oh, and a little character called Ricardo McWeiner, the Human Daschund. You can find the first collection on Amazon for pretty cheap, though if you want to shell out the money, the deluxe hardcover comes with a limited edition monocle and ascot.
(08-19-2011 10:52 AM)Koltreg Wrote:  Did you guys hear about this whole upcoming Atlas Beetle story by Robert Custondot where he's bringing back the classic Atlas Beetle and pulling a Rustock Ventom on the guy and Stag Beetle is taking over?

Yeah, I saw that on Bleeding Cool this morning. So you know what that means…

Dylan Todd /// Design Portfolio /// Tumblr / Twitter
08-19-2011, 10:54 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2011 10:56 AM by chudleycannonfodder.)

Didn't you hear? When Bryan Silverchair found out about Mamet's parody comic the Silverchair company sued Mamet so hard that the writer's been banhammered from writing comics. He's been stuck doing movies, books and theatre with an -re for years. It's a shame; it was a parody comic and the government shouldn't have agreed to it. How could Bryan (and the stupid court system) be such idiots and not realize that having children's icon Skye Silverchair forcibly getting it from behind by the Bulldog Twins at the same time was a metaphor for what he was doing to our childhood?
08-19-2011, 11:00 AM
(08-19-2011 10:52 AM)bigredrobot Wrote:  
(08-19-2011 10:52 AM)Koltreg Wrote:  Did you guys hear about this whole upcoming Atlas Beetle story by Robert Custondot where he's bringing back the classic Atlas Beetle and pulling a Rustock Ventom on the guy and Stag Beetle is taking over?

I don't since I only reading 4 Color Inksplosion.
08-19-2011, 11:12 AM
(08-19-2011 11:00 AM)Koltreg Wrote:  

Have you checked out Sequential Art Partnership? It's pretty good. More of a blag style approach then some of the others, but it's worth it for Topher Zahn's write ups; that dude LOVES Comandant Breakdance like no one else. Plus they posted a picture of the HOTTEST Kronolorn crossplay I've ever seen. S/He could use her anti-matter bo staff on me any day.
08-19-2011, 11:17 AM
(08-19-2011 11:12 AM)chudleycannonfodder Wrote:  
(08-19-2011 11:00 AM)Koltreg Wrote:  

Have you checked out Sequential Art Partnership? It's pretty good. More of a blag style approach then some of the others, but it's worth it for Topher Zahn's write ups; that dude LOVES Comandant Breakdance like no one else. Plus they posted a picture of the HOTTEST Kronolorn crossplay I've ever seen. S/He could use her anti-matter bo staff on me any day.

Last year I cosplayed as Sigil Thunderblade's original Yaskin Trask costume design.
08-19-2011, 11:33 AM
Ugh. Call me when Atlas Beetle's sidekicks Cocoon and Horncules stop being intergalactic brothel madames.

Once I wrote a comic. http://hv.yourfriendmax.com/