• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello
03-29-2013, 08:08 AM
Hello
I came to talk.

Dylan Todd /// Design Portfolio /// Tumblr / Twitter
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2013, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2013 10:50 AM by MoustachePants.)
RE: Hello
How are you today, Dylan? Have you been reading Change?

Twitter Tumblr Spotify
Find all posts by this user
04-03-2013, 07:44 AM
(03-29-2013 10:49 AM)MoustachePants Wrote:  How are you today, Dylan? Have you been reading Change?

I'm pretty good! I read review copies of the first two issues and thought there was a really god story in there if the writer could just get out of the way and stop making it about him and his divorce. Morgan Jeske and Sloane Leong's are was something else, though.

How are you, Peter?

Dylan Todd /// Design Portfolio /// Tumblr / Twitter
04-03-2013, 09:31 AM
(04-03-2013 07:44 AM)BIGREDROBOT Wrote:  
(03-29-2013 10:49 AM)MoustachePants Wrote:  How are you today, Dylan? Have you been reading Change?

I'm pretty good! I read review copies of the first two issues and thought there was a really god story in there if the writer could just get out of the way and stop making it about him and his divorce. Morgan Jeske and Sloane Leong's are was something else, though.

How are you, Peter?

I'm doing well, thank you. I'm being flown to Providence to present a paper on Vladimir Nabkov's The Luzhin Defense and will be racking out in New Jersey for a few days afterwards. I finished another paper based on a theoretical principle I stole from Ales Kot's Wild Children which might get published as well, but that's a haunting story.

I enjoyed Change and agree with your comment on the overbearing nature of Kot's bibliographic insertions. I think, however, he's got some potential.

What is everybody else up to?

Twitter Tumblr Spotify
04-03-2013, 02:35 PM
NERDS

Changeling and Socialfist. Check those out.
05-07-2013, 07:55 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2013 08:03 AM by MoustachePants.)
So over the past few weeks I've picked up the DC Showcase: Booster Gold, Marvel Essentials first volume of Thor, and the paperback volume one of Kirby's Fourth World and I must say, paying $20 less and getting almost twice the content for the first two is kind of amazing, even without color.

I've been getting stuff that I haven't read and that I think my girlfren would like (she loves Thor but hasn't read any of the comics so I got her JIM Kid Loki volume one which I didn't have in serial) as a way to introduce her to comics.

Also got The Invisibles Omnibus and Casanova from the library, so I've got quite the haul in front of me.

SUB-QUESTION EDIT: Why isn't the insanely awesome Firestorm the Nuclear Man Ostrander run from the 80's reprinted anywhere?

Twitter Tumblr Spotify
05-08-2013, 01:48 PM
I picked up the Booster Gold coloring book as well for $5 back when I worked in the comic shop though I had trouble slogging through it.
I really enjoyed what I read of JIM as well as Young Avengers. I like the Young Loki.
Casanova is also pretty damn fantastic.

Changeling and Socialfist. Check those out.
05-15-2013, 01:46 PM
Anyone have an opinion on Godland? Is it any good, is it worth reading?

Twitter Tumblr Spotify
05-15-2013, 03:47 PM
Sub-question: Who's the greatest mudskipper of them all?

Twitter Tumblr Spotify
05-26-2013, 03:11 PM
(05-15-2013 03:47 PM)MoustachePants Wrote:  Sub-question: Who's the greatest mudskipper of them all?

[Image: tumblr_m83hnpwHnv1r2detio1_500.jpg]